Pocket PC discussions, files, tweaks, and Upgrades

Sprint Rumors

MerdinH
    Admin

Sprint Rumors

Post by MerdinH on Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:15 pm

Current rumors for the sprint version is a
    Mid June- mid july release date.
    i've contacted a number of different sprint sources including sprint stores, none can confirm any of the release dates.

hears are some screenshots of the phone

merda85

Re: Sprint Rumors

Post by merda85 on Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:00 pm

I went yesterday to a sprint store to pick up a replacement phone, and i asked the rep about the touch pro 2 coming to sprint, he told me it was expected sometime in july.
    MerdinH
    Admin

Post by MerdinH on Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:23 pm

merda85 wrote:I went yesterday to a sprint store to pick up a replacement phone, and i asked the rep about the touch pro 2 coming to sprint, he told me it was expected sometime in july.

yea, thats what im thinking also, even that leaked road map we that was posted in ealry may shows it in quarter 3 which is begging of quarter 3.

Jihadi

Post by Jihadi on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:03 am

Ooooh, I can't wait!! I have 2 year upgrade pricing RIGHT NOW!! (bought my TP straight up, no discount)
    MerdinH
    Admin

Post by MerdinH on Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:10 am

Jihadi wrote:Ooooh, I can't wait!! I have 2 year upgrade pricing RIGHT NOW!! (bought my TP straight up, no discount)

My contract expires in oct of 2011, because i used the $75 discount on the touch pro ended up paying around $460 at best buy, but the next phone which will probably be the touch pro 2 i have to buy full price, and im liking the palm pre, but the screen is very fragile, it brakes so easy, many users have had these problems so i wont be keeping the pre until they adress that issue.

Jihadi

Post by Jihadi on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:34 pm

MerdinH wrote:
    Jihadi wrote:Ooooh, I can't wait!! I have 2 year upgrade pricing RIGHT NOW!! (bought my TP straight up, no discount)

My contract expires in oct of 2011, because i used the $75 discount on the touch pro ended up paying around $460 at best buy, but the next phone which will probably be the touch pro 2 i have to buy full price, and im liking the palm pre, but the screen is very fragile, it brakes so easy, many users have had these problems so i wont be keeping the pre until they adress that issue.

It was amazing how it worked out for me. I kept having issues with the crappy Touch refurbs Sprint sent me as replacements. The last time I called to get the refurb replaced they were out of them so the CSR called the local Sprint store (where I have a job interview Monday) and they were out of new ones and it just discontinued and sold out at the Sprint Wharehouse SOOOOO..... she called me back and said her manager put a $600 credit on my account. Originally I used the $75 off but then called in and cancelled the upgrade and paid the $75 anticipating the arrival of the Touch HD (Pro II) so uh yeah, worked out great!! I have spent about $50 on phones and had a Razr, Katana II, Razr II V9M, Touch and Touch Pro (sold previous models and found GREAT deals on new ones)

Merdin, you HAVE TO get a TP II bro. we need your ROMs.
    MerdinH
    Admin

Post by MerdinH on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:37 pm

Jihadi wrote:
    MerdinH wrote:

It was amazing how it worked out for me. I kept having issues with the crappy Touch refurbs Sprint sent me as replacements. The last time I called to get the refurb replaced they were out of them so the CSR called the local Sprint store (where I have a job interview Monday) and they were out of new ones and it just discontinued and sold out at the Sprint Wharehouse SOOOOO..... she called me back and said her manager put a $600 credit on my account. Originally I used the $75 off but then called in and cancelled the upgrade and paid the $75 anticipating the arrival of the Touch HD (Pro II) so uh yeah, worked out great!! I have spent about $50 on phones and had a Razr, Katana II, Razr II V9M, Touch and Touch Pro (sold previous models and found GREAT deals on new ones)

Man you got lucky there, and of course ill be getting a touch pro 2 if everything goes as planned, and its actually a good phone, and not some crappy makeover.

Admin

Post by MerdinH on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:37 pm

MerdinH wrote:
    Jihadi wrote:
    MerdinH wrote:

Man you got lucky there, and of course ill be getting a touch pro 2 if everything goes as planned, and its actually a good phone, and not some crappy makeover, but from watching the videos and reviews of the GSM version i think it will be a pretty good device..

Jihadi

Post by Jihadi on Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:19 am

Anyone obtained a release date yet?
    MerdinH
    Admin

Post by MerdinH on Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:07 pm

Jihadi wrote:Anyone obtained a release date yet?

i havent heard anything yet.

ereese08

Post by ereese08 on Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:11 am

I just like the look of the original TP2 so much better than what sprint has done with it.
    MerdinH
    Admin

Post by MerdinH on Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:59 am

ereese08 wrote:I just like the look of the original TP2 so much better than what sprint has done with it.

yea i like the looks of the original, but sprint did this for performance purposes, because the wholes on the back of the other back cover were very small and so many of them, that dust would be harder to clean out, and the keyboard they could have left that the same but i guess they for some reason decided to change that also.

ereese08

Post by ereese08 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:07 am

I was watching a youtube video and they said the reason sprint is not going with the chrome on the TP2 is because during several performance tests the chrome would eventually start to chip off.
    MerdinH
    Admin

Post by MerdinH on Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:29 pm

ereese08 wrote:I was watching a youtube video and they said the reason sprint is not going with the chrome on the TP2 is because during several performance tests the chrome would eventually start to chip off.

that probably might be the reason because the tp also has the chrome chipoff problem.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:00 am